Having a secure home network is highly recommended and one of the first steps you need to do to make that happen is to login to your wireless router. The following article will cover the Ubee router login steps and the steps required to secure the network. Once you login to your Ubee router you will be able to make all the necessary changes and more.
How to Login to Ubee router?
To login to the Ubee web user interface there are a few requirements you need to meet. You have to know its default IP, username and password and the device you are going to use to access the Ubee router has to be connected to the network. If you have met all these requirements you can continue.
1. Launch any web browser already installed on your device.
2. In the address bar of the web browser type 192.168.100.1. or 192.168.0.1. These are default IP addresses used for Ubee routers so try them both.
3. In the new screen containing details about your router click Login.
4. Now type the default username and password.
The username is admin, and the password can be found on a label on the router as GUI password. Depending on the Ubee router model you can also try using “user” as a username and a password.
5. After a successful login you will see Status Software page.
Congrats! Now you can secure your Ubee router.
How to secure your Ubee router?
The basic steps you can undertake in order to secure your router and your wireless network are:
– Change the router default username and password
– Change the wireless network name aka SSID.
– Set up a strong wireless password
Change the Ubee router default username and password
Changing the default login details to the router is one of the first steps in securing your home network.
After you have logged in do the following:
1. Select Status from the top menu.
2. In the menu on the left select Account.
3. In the Username field type the new Ubee router username. In the New Password and Confirm Password fields type in the new Ubee router password.
4. Click Apply to save the changes.
That’s it! You have changed the default Ubee router login username and password.
Change the Ubee wireless name and password.
Since your Ubee router is most likely a dual-band router, before you start making any changes first you have to select whether you want to make changes to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless radio bands.
1. Select Wireless from the top menu.
2. Select Primary network on the menu on the left.
3. Locate the Network Name (SSID) field and type the new network name. If you are changing the network name on both 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands make sure nor to put the same Network Name on both. Simply adding 5G at the end of the network name is enough.
4. Make sure to leave Broadcast SSID ON. Although some might recommend hiding the SSID as an additional layer of security we don’t recommend hiding it since it can be easily found and it will only cause trouble when you need to connect a new device to the network.
5. Set WPA2-PSK to Enabled.
6. Set WPA/WPA2 Encryption to AES.
7. Now in the WPA Pre-Shared Key you can define a new password for your wireless network.
- Set up a strong and unique password, at least 12 characters long
- Use a combination of small and capital letters, numbers and special characters
- Don’t use any personal details in the password
- Make it hard to guess
8. Click Apply to save the changes.
If you have changed the default Ubee router login credentials, as well as the default network name and wireless password, we can say that your wireless home network is secured from unauthorized use.
Have a nice day!